Hey there, long time no talk. I know, I have been totally MIA lately, and you were concerned that maybe I had given up blogging or some other terrible thing. But I am back! I am not giving up. Life just has a way of getting in the way. Things like vacation, moving, new jobs, and wedding related activities are just too exciting to give full attention to and unfortunately blogging has not been on my priorities list. That is going to change, I promise. I have so many good things stored up just waiting to be shared so I decided I am going to share regularly even if it isn’t a recipe. Here’s the first of my Friday Favorites- enjoy!
- Lavender Honey from Newkirk– OMG it’s amazing. I got some in my August Hatchery box and it took me less than 6 hours to figure out to use it up in a cocktail of whiskey, lemon juice, and lavender honey and chamomile lavender honey scones (recipe coming soon). You can get a 14 oz bottle of it at Newark Honey website for $15.00. They also sell Honeycomb, 12 oz for $18.00. A bit pricey but oh so worth every sticky drop. Add it to chamomile tea for an extra soothing evening drink, drizzle it on oatmeal with nuts, seeds and berries, add to cocktails, drizzle over yogurt with granola…..or just eat it with a spoon. YUM!
- Baby Shower games- If you have spent any significant amount of time with me lately, or follow me on Pinterest, then you know I have major baby fever. I am pinning parenting articles, baby shower ideas, maternity clothing sites, ALL the baby things. It’ nuts I know because we have already discussed this and we have decided that we are at LEAST 1 year away from even trying to get pregnant. But, one can never be too prepared and this Buzzfeed article is on point. So many creative and fun games that you probably haven’t played. If you put me in charge of your baby shower we will definitely be playing sperm corn home and pin the sperm on the egg.
- Corn- I was distraught to discover this week, after days of discomfort and a lot of thought and research into what could be causing it, I have discovered that corn, that sweet, crunchy, delectable vegetable I love so much, is the culprit of my discomfort. Unfortunately for me this means cutting back (not giving it up completely I hope) until I discover the quantity/preparation that my body can handle, along with digestive enzymes, without the pain. I am going to share with you my absolute, without a doubt favorite way to eat corn to make me feel a little bit better. You HAVE to try this (and the spring onion omelette she mentions at the end of the post too), and you should probably follow Kellie’s blog too, she is quite amazing. The recipe and link to her blog is here- Food to Glow. I don’t bother steaming them they just get slathered in the good sauce and slapped straight on the grill over medium with the lid closed turning every 5 minutes until done. Sad day…
- Pasta Chips– has anyone else tried these? I think they are amazing! They are crackers that taste like pasta. They reminded me a bit of crispy fried raviolis, minus the stuffing. So far I have dunked them in cream cheese with sweet red pepper relish, vodka sauce, and topped them with mozzarella, basil and sun dried tomato. All were delicious.
- Gigi New York- I have been obsessed with these purses for well over a year now. I am in the market for a new purse and spent the whole week stalking the website putting a purse in my cart, leaving it, returning to the cart to stare longingly at the beauty within, just to leave it again. Today I put my foot down, told myself that I would not regret it, and hit “proceed to checkout.” Excuse me while I wait anxiously at the front door waiting for the delivery man…. Gigi purses are elegant, high quality and classy and you can personalize any item with up to three initials. I seriously can’t wait- here is what I got. And this too, I had to. Happy belated birthday to me?
There you have it. Have a very happy weekend friends!