Here is the final menu for my Hosting A Dinner Party series. In case you haven’t been following along I have been sharing tips on how to host a dinner party. I gave you 3 tips and a printable PDF, tips for decorating on a budget, Menu #1, and Menu #2.
This meal is so easy, almost every part can either be made in advance or is put in a crock pot/ oven and then not touched for a few hours. And it looks and tastes fancy. I recommend you take the sirloin out of the oven just before it is done and cover in foil for 10 minutes to continue cooking while the oven tempt gets bumped up to 400F for the asparagus. Also, although the recipe for the asparagus says 15-20 minutes I always check after 12 minutes so they don’t overcook as I like my veggies on the crisp side. Serve the cake with fresh berries, you could also add in 1/2 tsp of instant coffee to really enhance the chocolate flavor, but that is optional.
The Day Before:
- Make the cake (don’t sprinkle with powdered sugar until tomorrow)
- Make the gravy, simply reheat it when you are ready (the flavors just get better over night)
- Trim the sirloin, rub evenly with salt, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate
A Few Hours Before Dinner
- Remove the sirloin from the fridge to come to room temp
- Assemble the salad, leaving the dressing to be added just before serving
- Start the potatoes (remember they take 4 hours, but once you get it all in the crock pot you’re practically done)
- Wash and season the asparagus so it is ready to put in the oven