I know, I missed last Friday’s post, and before you come yelling at me I have a really good reason, you’ll see it below as item number 1. I will also be missing this Friday’s too since today is already Thursday. We can’t all be perfect.
- My friends Jake and Autumn got married on Saturday. The ceremony was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen and I wish you could have heard their vows. Their’s were are the vows that every engaged couple wishes they could come up with; they hit all the major points, they were intimate, honest, and tender with just the right amount of humor. Writing vows is not easy, I know from experience, but you both poured your hearts into it and they created a perfect picture of the wonderful relationship you have. Congratulations to you both on a beautiful wedding (that I won’t be able to stop talking about for months) and cheers to many, many anniversaries to come.
- It rained yesterday and you know what that means? I am now craving pumpkin EVERYTHING! Except the SBux lattes, I am not a fan. Maybe I will share my recipe with you for homemade pumpkin spice lattes. Maybe. But I mean, seriously, I want pumpkin soup, and pumpkin pie, and pumpkin pasta…Oh, the list goes on. It would really be helpful if there was a Trader Joe’s closer to me, their pumpkin pie recipe that comes on the Sugar Pumpkins is the best and I know I am weird but I trust their sugar pumpkins only, like I don’t want to get them anywhere else. (Why? I have no clue). And Trader Joe’s is the only store I have ever found that carries delicata squash which I absolutely love. And fresh peas. Geez, Stater’s and Von’s and Ralph’s need to get with the program….
- I know I just said it, but it RAINED! One of my favorite things in life is watching thunder storms while sitting outside on a covered patio with a glass of wine. I love the smells, the sound, the feels, all of it. Especially summer storms so it’s warm. Or storms at night, so I can fall asleep to that mesmerizing sound. These storms are supposedly causing lots of damage with flash flooding and all, although I have not experienced that where I live. I am sorry if your hating my storms right now (like my poor pup shivering in the corner of my closet), but I just love it.
- Crunchy corn. It’s like Corn Nuts, but waaaaaayyyy better. The ones I am refering to I got at New Seasons (OMG has anyone ever been there I am in love, I could spend hours there. Yes, in a grocery strore!!!) in Oregon in July and they were extra crispy and just the right amount of salty. I wish I had bought a barrel. They are gone now and while I found similar ones at a fruit market in Temecula they just aren’t the same. I even tried flavoring them up with Dave’s Homemade Sweet and Sassy Smokehouse Rub (which tastes wonderful on cedar plank salmon) and while the rub tastes fantastic, the crunchy corn is still not quite as good as that one in Oregon. (Take note Oregon friends- Christmas is just around the corner…. *wink wink*).
- Speaking of Christmas shopping….I downloaded this adorable printable list for keeping track of those things. It’s from Day Designer, the brand of planner I use. You write down the person it’s for, how much it costs, the occasion and where to purchase. It’s super helpful because I start planning my Christmas shopping in July. I really do. Planning ahead helps spread the cost of buying gifts over a few months so you don’t break the bank in December and you have extra time to think of the perfect gift not just some random thing you found at Macy’s the week before Christmas saying “I guess that will work…” The whole Day Designer line is awesome, it has a spot for everything you need. Even meal planning, daily gratitude and the the day’s top three. I highly recommend for anyone who has a lot of daily multitasking to do. You can dowload their free extras to put in your planner too, here’s the link– if you are like me and like lists and planning and schedules, be prepared to become addicted.